We use the term ‘online scrapbook’ to explain Pinterest to our customers. Pinterest is a bookmarking tool that helps users find and save creative ideas. It has about 100 million users globally, 85% of these being women. People use Pinterest for a range of reasons: for inspiration, to connect with others, to relax and to promote their brands. If you are looking to increase your followers on Pinterest, here are some tips:
1. Use language your customers can relate to
2. Include a short description with your pin: the most re-pinned and commented on items were accompanied by descriptions of between 200 and 210 words.
3. Focus on keywords rather than hashtags. If you do use hashtags, create your own unique one. That way, a pinner goes to your content and not someone else’s.
4. Focus on helping people: include creative ways your product or service can improve people’s lives
5. Consistency is important. Pin daily, only if it’s a handful of pins
6. Product rich pins enable your pins to appear in the gift category (fantastic if you are on online business)
7. Pins that go viral are unique, funny and contain an amazing image
8. Use pin descriptions that inspire other pinners
9. Add the ‘follow’ button to your site in as many areas as possible
10. If you notice an image is getting a lot of repins, use it as your board cover to get more attention
Ideas for this post were taken from ‘Pinterest Cheat Sheet: 25 Tips to get more Pinterest Followers’, found on blog.viraltag.com